ZAINAL RASHID AHMADNAIB PRESIDEN KANAN, PENJUALAN MEDIA
To introduce the concept of Small Medium Entrepreneur (SME) that was successfully implemented in TV Alhijrah. Shaping the new concept of business & development with 100 potential SME clients as a permanent advertiser for BNC in the period of 2-10 years. To create a smart network with the primary agency in the country to serve as BNC business partner.
(1) Senior Vice President, Media Sales TV Alhijrah April 2016 – Current
To achieved the target of :2016: RM15 million Sales | 2017: RM20 million Sales
An expert in creating a promotional space for the Small Medium Entrepreneur (SME) and also collaborating with the sales agencies that was appointed as the official sales agent for TV Alhijrah. In 2016, the station bag only RM4.5 million and when I took over in April 2016, the sales was up to RM16.7 million. To date, as of April 2017, the TV Alhijrah sales already soaring at RM14 million.
(2) General Manager, Production, TV Alhijrah January 2010– March 2016
I joined the organization in January 2010 as the General Manager in the Production Department. I am responsible for the setting up of the newsroom for Berita Al Hijrah, Current Affair Unit and Documentary & Magazine Unit.
(3) Creative Director, FM Production Sdn Bhd January 2006-December 2009
FM Production Sdn Bhd is a subsidiary company under Astro Entertainment Sdn Bhd (AESB) that produces magazine and documentary programs for ASTRO.
(4) Senior Producer / Senior Broadcast J0urnalist, TV3 2004-2005
Custodian and producer for Majalah Tiga, one of the highest rating program in TV3 at that point of time.
(5) Deputy Head of News , ntv7 1998-2003
The creator of the famous Edisi Siasat, one of the highest rating program in the country at that point of time.
(6) Executive Editor / Producer, ASTRO 1996-1998
Part of the initial team during the first set up of Astro News.
(7) Journalist, Utusan Malaysia 1994-1997
A reporter in the news and current affairs department.
About Zainal Rashid
For almost 30 years’ experience in the media industry, he has been blessed with more than 30 awards in writing and broadcasting.
- His biggest breakout was when he wins Anugerah Sri Angkasa for Best TV Magazine in 2004 for his work titled Tragedi Tak Bai.
- His brainchild idea of Suatu Ketika has won two years in a row in the Malaysia Documentary Festival and Malaysia Film Festival 2009 and 2010 (Film Documentary for Rosly Dhoby & Senoi Praaq). Senoi Praaq was awarded as the Best Documentary Film in Malaysia Film Festival 2010 and also Anugerah Skrin 2010 for Best TV Program. He was the Executive Producer during the production.
- His documentary Lubnan: Darah di Bumi Merdeka also won the Best TV Report for the Anugerah Media Pertahanan in 2009.
- He also won numerous awards from Persatuan Pekerja Filem Malaysia (PPFM) as best Director and Scriptwriter.
Todate, Zainal has produced for more than 300 hours content program for various TV stations in Malaysia.
In 2002, he was invited to attend and participate in the short course for News Production and Management by CNN with Mike Chinoy and Tim Montier as the guest speakers.
In 2002 – 2004, he was also a regular speaker for the Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development, when he was invited to speak about Crime Prevention and Crime against Women.
He was also once invited as the committee member in creating the syllabus in UNISEL in the context of introducing the media crisis.
To date, Zainal has established and presented numerous amount of paperwork on how the media should treat/handle current issues.
Besides his career and involvement in the media industry, Zainal Rashid was also a very prominent writer and has won many awards for his short stories (cerpen) published in Utusan Malaysia. He too has contributed numerous amounts of articles for the paper.
To date, Zainal Rashid has published 5 books compiling his best short stories that have been published in local newspapers and also the new ones that were specially made for the books.
For his passion in writing, Zainal was elected as the Chief Secretariat for Young Writers, Gabungan Penulis Nasional.
Aside from making documentaries and writings, Zainal Rashid has another passion of being a Good Samaritan in the society – locally and internationally.
During the Tsunami in 2004, he has arranged numerous ship trips to Lok Samawi in Acheh to help distributing food, books etc for the victims.
Locally, he is actively involved with helping distributing food for the homeless people in our capital city.